SailTime is where one person owns a boat, and shares it with a half-dozen other folks; one season at a time. In a seasonal base like Rhode Island, each of the half-dozen members pays a single annual fee, and gets a certain amount of “sailtimes” per month, for a six month season. The sailtimes are managed by an online calendar system to keep it fair. A member signs up for an individual boat, so the same people use the same boat for the season. (Only those members use the boat)The SailTime base manages the boat, keeps it clean and maintained, and ensures everything runs smoothly. One annual fee pays for all expenses including fuel.
There is training provided, and a check-in/check-out system when the boat is used. SailTime uses Hunter Sailboats, and all the boats in the fleet are new and extremely well equipped. At the five year point the boat retires from the SailTime program, and migrates to a traditional bareboat charter fleet.
• Buy a "share" on a 2013 Hunter 36 for one season
• Boat is loaded with equipment including A/C, chartplotter/radar, bimini & dodger, diesel forced air heat, and more
• One price, all inclusive
• Guaranteed monthly sail times with online scheduling , plus unlimited "last minute" usage as available
• Boat well maintained, cleaned weekly, and detailed monthly
• Six members per boat plus owner; and no one else uses the boat!